Hey everyone - I hope you’re all well!
Today’s blog post is all about #NationalStressAwarenessDay. In fact, it ties in very well to our overarching theme of November. We want to help you guys focus on how you can help yourselves, and live the best version of you… ultimately, #GiveYourselfAShot.
Stress can really affect your wellbeing and even your view of yourself, so it’s super important to tackle it when we can.
One of the most stressful things for our youth can be deciding what to do next - whether that’s worrying about a UCAS application, or simply not knowing what job opportunities are available and best suited to you, it’s a tough time indeed.
Luckily, Further My Future are here to help ease that pressure for you. How can you be something you’ve never heard of? Well, hopefully, after working with us, you’ll have a multitude of ideas you may have never known about before!
However, we want to, uhh, stress, that stressing won’t do any good. It’s hard not to stress out when you feel in the unknown about your future, but we can help with that. Shall I explain how?
- We are here for everybody - even if you’re considering other options than an apprenticeship.
- We will give you a free online 1:1 where we chat about your skills, interests and ambitions and use our tech smarts to match you accordingly to a wide range of careers and industries. Nothing is overlooked.
- After the matching is done, we take you through our unique ‘Future Ready Programme’ where you learn all about self-awareness, interview skills and personal branding. Oh, and it’s all completely free and done in your own time. Stress 0 - 1 employability skills.
I know I’m biased, but I really do wish Further My Future had been around when I was at college, unsure of what to do next. College is a stressful time full stop, so it’s important to remember that it’s okay to not have a solid plan.
This #NationalStressAwarenessDay, take the time to focus on yourself and check out our de-stressing tips below.
Future De-Stressing Tips:
- Stay positive! Even if it feels like everything is going wrong, maintaining a positive attitude will make you feel better. Being negative will get you nowhere!
- Breathe deeply or go for a walk outside if everything is getting too much.
- Take a minute to chill out if you need to. If school, work or anything else is overwhelming you, make sure take time out for yourself to relax.
- Try meditation - lots of people swear by this. There are plenty of apps or free videos on Youtube to check out.
- Understand the wider picture. What you’re stressing about now in your studies may not be a problem this time next month. Live for the moment!
I hope this blog post has given you some helpful and handy info today!
If you’re looking to kick-start your amazing career but dont know where to begin, sign up with us below to see how we can help you!